Neurobloc® became available in the U.K. in 2001.
There is limited experience in the use of this type of toxin, and the product does not currently have approval for cosmetic use anywhere in the world.
As a result of this very few U.K. practitioners have any experience in the use of this product for lines and wrinkles.
Clostridium botulinum type – B neurotoxin complex
How is it manufactured?
Neurobloc® is made from purified type – B neurotoxin produced by the bacteria Clostridium botulinum.
How does it work?
It temporarily prevents the release of acetycholine from sympathetic nerve terminals.
Prescription only medicine
Who can administer the drug?
It should be used by trained members of the medical profession only.
Licenced UK indications
Who should not be treated?
- Individuals with a known hypersensitivity to any component of the formulation.
- Patients who have generalised disorders of muscle activity (e.g. myasthenia gravis).
- Patients where aminoglycoside antibiotics or spectinomycin are already being used or are likely to be used.
- Patients who have bleeding disorders of any type.
- Pregnant or lactating women.
For further information concerning any of our treatments, the products we use, or to find out about prices and availability please call us on 0845 833 or contact us via our web form and let us call you back.Share